Children's Hospice Week - Be a Superhero!
Children's Hospice Week 2013 takes place Friday 26 April - Friday 3 May. The UK's only charity week for all children's hospices will culminate on Superhero Friday, a hero inspired day of fundraising.
How You Can Get Involved
Children's Hospice Week is a great opportunity for you to support your local children's hospice whilst having fun at the same time. With a super-hero theme for this year's Children's Hospice Week, why not dress up as a super hero for the day or hold a super hero themed event. Holly Willoughby, Together For Short Lives Patron, explains below some ways in which you can get involved:
Super Hero Friday - 3rd May
- Listen out for us on the Real Radio Breakfast Show (106-108 FM) as Dixie and Gayle talk about Super Hero Friday! To register for Superhero Friday simply download and fill in our registration form here and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join in with our dress down day on Super Hero Friday (3rd May), be it a non-uniform day, super hero dress up or whatever you like! simply download and fill in our registration form using the link above and send it to email@example.com
- Download our school resources pack to discover great ways you can get involved in schools. To download this pack please click here
- HERO FOR AN HOUR – encourage students to volunteer for an hour and log their efforts for a certificate! You can download hero scorecards here and the certificates here.
- SUPERHER FRIDAY - Superhero Friday falls on Friday 3rd May and we encourage you to do all things superhero themed! Fancy dress bring a pound to work day, superhero themed cakes, superhero face painting, the sky’s the limit! Whatever you do, let us know using the form above! (And don’t forget to take plenty of pics!)
- SUPERHERO SWEEPSTAKE - We have an awesome superhero themed fundraiser that would be perfect for your staff, colleagues and customers – it’s a sweepstake board where you get to ‘buy’ your favourite superhero power! You would sell the powers for a week or two before we announce the winner – which will be on Friday 3rd May. Each superpower costs £2; the winner would receive £25!! To receive your board cntact Romaine via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Us at a Super Hero Event
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Would you like to hold your own Superhero event? Contact us on 01484 411040
- Share your fundraising ideas, stories and pictures with us via Facebook, or Twitter @ForgetMNotChild #BeAHero
- For more information and ideas please visit www.childrenshospiceweek.org.uk or contact Fundraising on 01484 411040 or by email
- Super Hero and Super Villain Name Generator - visit our Facebook page by clicking here and see what your super hero/villain name is!
- View the inspirational video of Josh and his younger sister Lucy which was aired on Daybreak on Monday 29th April at http://vimeo.com/65003227