Around the World Challenge
In 2017 our first ever Around the World event saw more than 24,000 children from 85 schools and youth organisations across West Yorkshire walking, skipping, running and wheeling a total of 24,900 miles - that’s the circumference of the Earth! Raising an astonishing £92,000 in sponsorship.
Watch us go Around The World in 2017
What about around the world – and back?
With your help, in 2018 we’re going even further: this time around the world – and back! Which sounds like a really, really long way, doesn’t it? But the more children and the more schools that get involved, the further we’ll go. And the more we’ll raise to help local children with life-shortening conditions and their families.
We’d love your school or youth group to get involved, get sponsored, get active and make a difference to local children and their families. Register your interest online today.
How far will you go?
Our challenge to you is:
- primary school children to travel ONE mile
- secondary school young people to travel TWO miles.
Just think how amazing it would be if each and every pupil raised at least £10!
When are we setting off?
We’ll be travelling together during Children’s Hospice Week 21st-27th May 2018. If that week doesn’t work for you, there’s no reason why you can’t travel a bit earlier or later.
How will you travel?
It’s simple: everyone, of every age and ability, can travel however they like. You can run, walk, skip, hop, jog or swim; you can do it in a wheelchair, on a bike, or on roller-skates. You can even do it in fancy-dress. As long as you get sponsored and get going!
Why get involved?
- Because it’s a great way to promote your healthy living programme
- Because young people are encouraged to think how they can help others and support a great local cause
- Because amazing things are achieved when we work together as part of one HUGE team stretching right across our community.
- Because it’s fun!
"it was brilliant seeing my 7 year old Harry so fired up about helping other local children. He’s already thinking about how he can do this year’s challenge - even bigger and better than before!"
Ria, Harry's mum
"As soon as we heard about the challenge we were keen to support Forget Me Not in their quest to travel Around the World. This is a very worthy local charity and we’re proud to play our part and help make a difference"
Jonathan Schofield, former Head of PE at Royds Hall Community School in Huddersfield
Got your kit ready?
Any trip needs planning and some essential kit. But don’t worry, we’ve done all the work for you! We’ll supply sponsorship envelopes and lesson plans. Everything you need to travel.
You can also download your cover letter, sponsorship envelope, social media graphic and poster!
We’ve produced a series of tailored lesson plans to help you make the most of Children’s Hospice Week and our Around the World challenge. These have been kindly created by University Academy Keighley.
- English - Lesson plan, Resource 1, Resource 2, Resource 3
- Maths - Lesson plan, Resource 1, Resource 2
- Science 1 - Lesson plan, Resource 1, Resource 2a, Resource 2b, Resource 2c, Resource 3
- Science 2 - Lesson plan, Resource 1, Resource 2, Resource 3, Resource 4
- RE - Lesson plan, Resource 1
- Geography - Lesson plan, Resource 1
- Food Tech - Lesson plan, Resource 1, Resource 2, Resource 3, Resource 4
Lacing up your trainers already?
If you want to get your school or youth group involved, you can register your interest online quickly and easily, or contact us on:
Yorkshire: 01484 637996 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester: 0161 7245269 / email@example.com
Working in partnership with: