We’ve been going Around the World with children from across West Yorkshire for the last three years, travelling with over 150 schools, nurseries and youth groups who’ve helped us raise over £250,000 to support local families.
As 2020 is an Olympic year, we’ve set ourselves an even bigger, Olympic-sized challenge. We want every single country to be represented as we go on our Around the World travels. That’s 195 countries. But to do that we need your help!
Watch us go Around The World in 2017
Which country will you be?
Every school, nursery and youth group that joins us in our Around the World challenge will represent a different country. So the more schools, nurseries and groups that get involved, the more countries will be represented – just like at the Olympic Games!
And the more countries involved, the more vital funds we’ll raise to help support local children with life-limiting conditions and their families. Families who often face Olympic-sized challenges of their own, every single day.
When countries come together at the Olympics, amazing things happen! The same goes for our Around the World challenge!
What is the Around the World challenge?
Not travelled with us before? Welcome on-board! The challenge is simple. All we ask is that each child in your school, nursery or youth group travels one sponsored mile each.
How you do your mile is up to you. You can run, walk, skip, hop, jog or swim; you can do it in a wheelchair, on a bike, or on roller-skates. You can even do it in fancy-dress. As long as you get sponsored and get going!
How will your school bring our Around the World challenge to life this year?
Why you should join our challenge
- It’s a great way to promote your healthy living programme
- It encourages young people to think about how they can help others and support a great local cause
- It raises vital funds for our charity as well as awareness about children's hospice care so we can reach more families who could need our help
- It’s educational – our Olympic theme has huge scope for learning opportunities. We’ve even created free lesson and activity plans to help you make the most of every aspect of this challenge!
- Because it’s fun!
- And if all of that weren’t incentive enough, thanks to our friends at P&O Ferries, one lucky family of four will win a fabulous mini-cruise in our prize draw, open to each child who raises £10 in sponsorship (and the more they raise the more entries they get)!
"The Around the World challenge is a fantastic campaign for schools across West Yorkshire to get involved in, raising awareness and vital funds for a great cause, whilst getting pupils active and part of something truly amazing. I would recommend any school looking to run an easy yet effective fundraising PE challenge to get involved."
- Sarah Rostron, Active Schools Wakefield and Yorkshire Sport
Ready to go?
We’d love your school or youth group to get involved, get sponsored, get active and make a difference to local children and their families.
When you sign up, you’ll receive:
- An invite to our launch event where you’ll discover which country your school will be
- A tailored assembly
- Sponsorship envelopes, certificates and stickers for every child
- Free access to lesson and activity plans to help you learn all about your country.
And you can do your challenge whenever you like during the year, although we recommend doing it before the end of May so that you have time to collect all sponsorship monies in before the summer holidays begin.
Register your interest online today.
For more info, drop us an email or call 01484 411040.