How you can help
Want to fundraise, but not sure how? Don’t worry, we’ve got loads of ideas – all you have to do is choose the right one.
While we’re astounded by the courage and energy of people who raise money for us by leaping out of planes or off buildings, there are loads who quietly host bake sales or arrange dress-down days at work. Whatever does it for you does it for us.
Our advice would be to:
- Make it fun
- Make it achievable
- Make it safe
- Make sure it’s legal
- Make it collaborative (the more people on board, the more you can share the work and spread the word)
- Make sure you don’t forget to ask for the money!
There’s a season for everything, however, and if fundraising’s not right for you right now, you could also help us by volunteering or simply donating.
The possibilities are endless!
– but sadly, this web page isn’t. So here’s just a small selection of ideas:
Yorkshire Day tea parties
Host a bake sale
Hundreds to Thousands
Christmas jumper day
Donation bin scheme
- Getting sponsored for one of our events, like our Colour Run
- Getting sponsored for an event like the Great North Run
- Doing a sponsored event or challenge of your own – like a ‘bath of beans’!
- Dress-down days
- Collecting things to donate to our charity shops
- Festive Fuddles at Christmas time
- Summer BBQs
- Mince-Pie Munch
- Sell at a car-boot sale – or organise your own
- Collect spare change – British or foreign
- Collecting 'in memory' donations in place of cards, gifts or flowers (weddings or funerals).
You can also check out our suggested events.
Expert tips to make your event go swimmingly
- There are no limits to how creative you can be. The more unusual your idea, the more interest you could attract. But stay safe, please!
- Before you embark on planning and organising, do check out our handy fundraising toolkit.
Tell us your plans, because we can help publicise and promote your event on social media. We may even be able to come along and support you in person!
Questions or help?
Our fundraising team is here to help, advise, support and encourage you! Call them on 01484 411040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We have plenty of ideas and supporting materials if you need them. We’d also love to hear all about it afterwards!