Volunteer in our shops
The reason we have 9 shops, and ambitious growth plans, is because our shops contribute a healthy chunk of the money we need to raise each year. That means they're essential to our ability to look after local children!
Each of our shops relies on a team of volunteers, and because we're growing we're always looking for more enthusiastic people to join them. So whether you fancy processing or collecting donations, dressing our windows, serving customers or bringing your own unique skills to what we do, we want to hear from you!
See our current volunteer vacancies
Reasons to volunteer
There are loads of reasons to volunteer
with us, and here are just a few of them:
- You'll be making a direct and very valuable contribution towards the care of local children
- We'll work around you, whether you can give just a few hours or even a few days a week
- You'll work as part of a friendly team, making new friends and meeting a wide range of different people
- These are real jobs (even if unpaid); they carry real reponsibilities and offer great work experence for your CV
- You'll develop new skills
- This is a great way to contribute towards Duke of Edinburgh and Scouting awards.
What might you be doing?
You'll be amazed by just how much our shops
do. Check out our current volunteer vacancies
, but in principle there are all sort of ways to get stuck in. Here are some of the roles in our retail outlets:
- Shop-floor assistant
Volunteer driver/driver's mate
And at our online department, based at Russell House in Huddersfield, roles inlude:
- Online administrator
- eBay store assistant
- Online product specialist.
How do you get involved?
We'd love to hear from you. Just give us a call on 01484 411040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org