Corporate volunteering offers a great team-building day out of the office – getting a lot done in a single day for a great cause.
Volunteering is often an important part of a company’s CSR programme, so we’re incredibly lucky to get loads of requests for volunteering days. Every so often we’re able to open up a particular project to corporate volunteers, so it’s worth finding out what’s coming up in our programme!
What sort of opportunities can we offer?
We’re in the fortunate position of operating out of lovely modern premises, so there’s isn’t a great deal to be done in the buildings themselves. However, there are opportunities for volunteers to:
- put our lovely gardens ‘to bed’ for the winter, or get them set up again in early spring
- help get each new charity shop ready for opening – we’ve got ambitious plans to open lots more!
- help stock or spring-clean our shops
- steward or serve refreshments at a major event (a lot of our events are in the evening or at weekends)
- shake buckets for us at sporting events, in supermarkets or pantomimes, etc
- source raffle prizes for us, via the exciting initiative test we call Ditch the Desk!
What will your business get out of it?
Besides fulfilling your volunteering objectives, you mean? Well, we’ll provide a dedicated member of Forget Me Not to assist and support you on the day, and you’ll be sure of a huge welcome. We’ll provide refreshments throughout the day, and we’ll post photos of your progress – with big mentions of your company name – on our social media.
To see whether we’ve got anything coming up which would be a suitable volunteering opportunity for your business, please contact our volunteer team at Forget Me Not.